Financial planning can be defined as the process of maximizing your available resources to achieve your financial and life goals over time. Determining your needs will depend on your specific circumstances: what lifephase you are in for example, or if you have recently embarked on a turning point event. We believe in a holistic approach to financial planning where all elements of your personal financial situation are evaluated and recommendations are made with the big picture in mind. Products are a means to an end and are the result of the implementation of sound, balanced, professional advice.
Some of the areas a financial planner or investment representative can help in are:
- Debt Management/cash flow improvement
- Investment planning
- Education savings strategies
- Tax minimization strategies
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
- Insurance Needs Analysis
- UK Pension Transfers (QROPS)
Our job is to consult with our clients on the above areas to find their areas of greatest need and work with them to find progressive solutions.
Financial Solutions provided:
- Mutual funds are offered through Quadrus Investment Services Ltd., the preferred mutual fund dealer of The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
- Quadrus is one of the largest mutual fund dealerships in Canada, serving more than 3,600 investment representatives across all Canadian provinces and three territories. Through Quadrus we are able to offer mutual funds from virtually any fund company in Canada
- Plan and account types: RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, Tax-Free Savings Accounts, Non Registered & In-Trust-For accounts, and Registered Disability Savings Plans
- Sale of segregated funds through both Great-West Life and Manulife Investments
- Plan and account types: RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, Tax Free Savings Accounts, Non Registered & In Trust For accounts
- Conventional segregated fund contracts (maturity & death benefit guarantees) plus Guaranteed Withdrawal Benefit programs like Manulifes Income Plus
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
- Did you know? GICs purchased through an insurance company offer additional benefits not available from a bank, such as creditor protection and ability to bypass probate? In addition, you may be surprised that the rates may be better as well!
- Financial advice provided on a fee-for-advice basis or included in the implementation of product solutions
- Licensed through Great-West Life to sell a variety of insurance products, including:
- Disability Insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Life insurance
- Group Benefits
- Can sell Great-West Life products, or through Great-West Lifes inter-corporate agreement, products from several other Canadian insurance companies such as Sun Life and Manulife
- Licensed through Manulife to sell additional insurance solutions not offered by Great-West Life including:
- Long term care insurance
- Referral program in place with Manulife Bank
- Manulife Advantage Account: This is the only no-fee, high-interest, chequing account available to Canadians, available for personal or corporate accounts. It has all of the features of a conventional bank account but no fees and pays a premium interest rate with no minimum account balance;
- Manulife ONE: unique all-in-one home equity Line of credit/bank account
- RRSP & investment loans: A great way to catch up on unused RRSP contribution room or a last minute top up at RRSP time. Borrowing to invest in an RRSP may not be suitable for everyone. Talk to your financial planner or investment representative to find out more about the advantages and obligations of borrowing to invest.
- Personal tax preparation services available for individuals and families, including self-employed